Version 5.5-47 fixed Enter and Escape key handling in the extra drawing window and prevents duplicate extension variable names.
Version 5.5-46 includes several minor bug fixes over version 5.5-35.
Enhancements and Fixes in version 5.5-35
- In the control panel filtering, you can now either show or hide filtered measurements.
- You can now easily rename multiple drawing in the main window.
- Control panel Work Breakdown filtering is now available to Advanced users.
- In the Drawing tab of the ribbon bar, the Batch Import button is hidden by default. (There’s a user preference under the Look tab to show it.)
- When doing batch backup, there’s now an option to create individual folders for each project. This is useful when moving projects from one computer to another.
- Fixed bug that caused zero quantities in the measurement list after editing traces, WBS values or extension values.
- When saving measurement list column configuration, all display settings are saved (sorting, settings, etc.).
Enhancements and Fixes in version 5.5-24 through 5.05-30
- Standards Security – Some organizations need to limits standards changes to select personnel then distribute the changes to other personnel. Standards in this case means standard Traces, Scales, Extensions, Bid Codes, Layers, Point Symbols and Work Breakdown Categories. This is done using Standards Security.
- Multiple License Install allows new users to install licenses for Dimension and Bridge in one step.
- Turn standards quantity display (Count, Length, Perimeter, Area) on/off. For measurements that just count, the length, perimeter and area are unused and probably distracting. Now you can turn off their display in the trace properties.
- Unit of measure is displayed on total lines in the Measurement List.
- You can add disconnected points to a measurement in Control Panel Measurement Summary.
- When saving a new standard trace, if the trace exists, you can rename it.
- You can now flip and rotate measurements by group. This preserves their relative positioning.
- When favorite measurements are dropped to a drawing with a different scale, they are scaled.
- Trace trees are shown in the Standards Export/Import selection dialog.
- Rubber banding color can use trace line color
- The drop-down list in the extra drawing window is now sizable.
- There is an option to display the Easy Trace dialog when starting new measurements (on by default for new users).
- Help button in the Easy Trace dialog to explain standard traces to new users.
- Option under “Flip/Rotate Measurements” to reverse point order. This is useful for new users who inadvertently digitize areas counter-clockwise.
- Fixed a bug that didn’t allow detail scales with the same name in different pages of the same drawing.
- Fixed a bug that when moving traces in the tree, the trace wasn’t removed from the old branch.
- Fixed a bug in renaming trace tree branches.
- Fix bug in control panel drawing list after moving drawing files for project.
- Added link to the new Support Center to the Help menu.
Versions 5.5-14 through 5.5-17 fix some significant bugs and add several minor enhancements:
- Fixed a problem moving measurements
- Fixed a problem creating arcs on rotated drawings
- Fix a bug that caused crash in Measurement List when hovering over some columns on a total row
- Fixed a bug that caused Dodge users with Dimension Basic to lose the ability to save measurements
- Enhancement to hide unused extension variables
- Enhancement: added option for control panel measurement summary to add points to existing measurement
Major Enhancements in Version 5.5
Work breakdowns can be used to add attributes such as part numbers, location, etc. to measurements. An unlimited number of work breakdown categories can be defined (part number, location, etc.). Values for each category can then be applied to measurements. Work breakdown features include:
- Work breakdown categories can be added, edited and deleted.
- Global and/or project-specific defaults values can be defined.
- Values can be set for standard traces. New measurements using the standard traces are then are initialized with the trace’s values.
- Measurement breakdown values can be set for single or multiple measurements in the drawing window using a control panel control.
- Categories can be displayed as columns in the measurement list and values can be edited.
- Measurements displayed in the drawing window can be filtered by category value (Premier only).