In this issue of the newsletter we bring you information in the new enhancement Control Panel Favorites. There are also tips on starting a new measurement from the control panel and organizing the measurement list.
Control Panel Favorites
eTakeoff Release 3.2 has a new user preference that enables you to simply double-click on a trace in the Control Panel to start a new measurement. You can now save a few clicks by disabling the Trace list window and selecting new measurement traces directly from the Control Panel Trace Tree or List. To disable the Trace list window:
- Click on the New Measurement button in the measurement toolbar. If the Trace List/Tree ISN’T displayed, skip to the last step
- In the Trace List/Tree window, uncheck the box, “Display this list when starting new measurements”
- Close the Trace/List/Tree window
- Click on the Select button in the measurement toolbar to cancel the new measurement
To enable the new measurement double-click feature, do the following:
- Select “Admin/User Preferences…” in the main menu
- Select the “General” tab
- Check the box, “Start new measurement on control panel trace double-click”.
Now, to start a new measurement, just double-click on the desired trace and start your takeoff.
Advanced Viewer Tips
Organizing the Measurement List
Measurements are typically listed in description sequence in the measurment list. But frequently you need them organized by “what”, “where”, “when” or something else. You can use Bid Codes, Layers, Trace descriptions and even Extension text to provide different ways to organize.