eTakeoff Bridge Version 188.8.131.52 Available
If you are upgrading Bridge from a version earlier than 184.108.40.206, you will need to perform a Bridge Database Conversion. Please read the Bridge Database Conversion document for complete instructions BEFORE performing this Bridge Upgrade.
Changes in Bridge Version 220.127.116.11
- This version of Bridge requires the following minimum software versions:
- eTakeoff Dimension version 5.5-48
- Autodesk Navisworks Manage or Simulate (2016/2017/2018
- eTakeoff Navisworks Integrator version 18.104.22.168
- Sage Pervasive Estimating
- Version 16.1 (REV 5 + Hotfix 3)
- Version 17.1.3 (REV 3)
- Sage SQL Estimating version 17.11.17144.101
- Minimum O/S Requirement
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10 Anniversary Edition
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Windows Server 2016
- Bridge 2.18 also requires .NET Framework 4.6.2.The Sage SQL installation includes .NET 4.6.2 as part of the installation process. Also .NET 4.6.2 is included in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update Edition and Windows Server 2016 and can be installed on other OS versions (Windows 8.1 & Windows 7 SP1).
The.NET 4.6.2 installer can be downloaded HERE
If you have any questions about your environment, check with your IT professional.
- REMINDER: If performing any updates/changes to Sage Estimating, be certain to reinstall Bridge AFTER the Sage update. If the Navisworks Integrator is already installed, that installation will be unaffected.
- If you are using Sage Pervasive Estimating, have created Mapping Histories in Bridge AND will be migrating your Pervasive Databases to SQL, there is a document outlining how you can copy your Pervasive Bridge Mapping History to create new matching mappings for your migrated Sage SQL database. Please click HERE for detailed instructions.
Create Traces using ITEM resources
- Currently you can drag an Assembly from the Sage Assembly list in Bridge and drop it onto a Dimension Trace in order to create a matching Dimension Trace. You had the option to also create an extension that would contain all the Sage Assembly variables, and their default/min/max values. This was a quick way to create a Dimension Trace list from your existing Sage Assemblies. This process is described in the Bridge User Guide on page 8 under SETUP MODE. Now you can also use this setup method with Sage ITEMS. The process is identical to using Assemblies except that it creates a Dimension Trace that represents a single Sage ITEM. If the item has a formula attached, you can use the “Create Extension From Assembly” option to create an extension containing the formula variables.
Additional Mapping capabilities
- The Bridge PRIMARY TAKEOFF Pane contains all the Takeoff variables available for mapping to the Sage Variables and the Estimate Detail pane (location/wbs/etc.). The header at the top of this pane contains the Name of the Takeoff Assembly or Item. This field is now also available for mapping purposes and can be dragged & dropped in the same manner as the other Primary Takeoff Variables. This is especially useful with the Navisworks Integrator since you have several options for selecting the Object Name that is transferred to Bridge and displayed in the Takeoff Header. That object name now can be mapped into the Estimate fields in the same manner as all the other Takeoff variables.
- The Primary Takeoff Variables can now also be mapped to the Estimate ITEM DESCRIPTION field. This will allow you to map an individual Takeoff Variable, including the new Takeoff header described above, into a specific ITEM Description
Auto Truncation of Takeoff Entries exceeding Sage field sizes
- Many of the data fields in Dimension and Navisworks allow you to make entries that are larger than the maximum allowed Sage Estimate field sizes. When performing a Fully Automatic submission to the Estimate, Bridge will flag these entries as errors, which can require a significant number of manual corrections. A new Full Auto Submission prompt has been added that will ask if you want Bridge to automatically truncate these entries to fit the maximum allowed Sage field sizes. Whether or not you choose to truncate, Bridge will remember the entry the next time you start the Full Auto Submission. The new prompt includes an option to NOT SHOW THE PROMPT AGAIN. If you want to stop displaying the prompt and have Bridge always process a specific way, then you can make your selection and turn OFF the prompt – Bridge will no longer prompt you for your selection and will process the Auto Submission accordingly going forward. You can turn the prompt on again in Bridge Preferences if desired.
Sage SQL – One-Time Item now allows selecting 5 categories
- Previously, in Pervasive and SQL, only 3 categories could be specified for a new One-Time item. Sage has enhanced the SQL Developer’s Kit so now SQL allows all categories to be selected when creating a new One-Time item.
Miscellaneous bug fixes
- In certain Bridge mappings, if you mapped Dimension hidden variables or WBS/Loc codes, Bridge could lose those mappings if the variables/loc/WBS codes were initially exposed, then hidden, then later re-exposed as a result of changes made to the existing Dimension variables. This update corrects this problem and will retain the original variable/loc/WBS mappings.
- In the SQL “Create New Bridge” dialog, when creating a New Estimate and selecting an Estimate BRANCH, the list of Branches previously required a double mouse-click to make the Branch selection. Now a single click will select the Branch