eTakeoff’s Project Backup/Restore capabilities make this easy. If the user already has access to the drawing files (perhaps on a shared server as described above), you only need to export the project information:
- With the project opened in eTakeoff, select “File/Project Backup…” from the main menu. Select a filename and all the project information will be stored in that file.
- Transfer the file to the other user. Note: If the drawing files are in a project folder on a shared server, the export file will be placed there by default. No transfer is necessary (assuming the other user has access to the shared folder).
- Have the other user use “File/Project Restore…” from the eTakeoff main menu. They then select the transferred file and the folder containing the drawing files. The restore process will re-create the project for that user.
If the other user DOESN’T have access to the drawings, you will need to transfer both the project information and the drawing files:
- With the project opened in eTakeoff, select “File/Project Backup and Zip…” from the main menu and select a filename.
- Then go through the steps to select which drawing files are to be included.
- The project information and the selected drawing will be zipped up into a single (potentially very large) file.
- Transfer the file to the other user. Note: If the file is very large, you may not be able to email it. There are services such as Send This File or Box.net that transfer large files easily.
- Have the other user select “File/Project Restore…” from the eTakeoff main menu. They then select the transferred file and select a destination folder. The restore process will create the project and unzip the drawing files into the folder.